MEET Our Partner GUIDE
Rich Redman - Forest Field Stream Habitat Restoration Fly Fishing Guide Services
Adirondack Connections is pleased to introduce our FLY FISHING guide, Rich Redman. Rich is joining us as a partner guide and is available for fly fishing trips on the Ausable, Saranac, Schroon and Boquet Rivers.
Rich enjoys fly fishing and being on a stream. Passing on the heritage of fishing and hunting is important to him, and the reason he became a guide. His desire is to teach and guide others in the lure of a trout stream. He covers stream ecology, geo-morphology, and bio-engineering, along with fly tying, casting and fly fishing during outings. He would like folks to fully appreciate the life of a river. He believes fly fishing is not just about catching fish. Rich is able to provide fishing gear, except waders, for up to 3 people.
Rich is retired from US Department of Agriculture (USDA) after 27 years of doing conservation work in the Adirondacks. He currently owns his own conservation consulting business specializing in wildlife habitat and grazing management for beef and dairy cattle. Rich is member of the NYS Outdoor Guides Association as well as the NYS Outdoor Writers Association. He is a Trout Unlimited member and the current President of the Lake Champlain Chapter of Trout Unlimited.
Rich will provide fishing gear for beginners, except waders, for up to 3 people. The gear he provides includes:
- Rod and reels with line setup.
- Basic flies, specialty flies can be purchased locally.
- Lanyard or belly pack with tools.
All ANGLERS must bring:
- A current fishing license, along with the completed medical and waiver forms.
- Snacks and water, lunch if a full day is scheduled. (Non - refrigerated foods)
- Long sleeve shirt, raincoat, Insect repellent, sunscreen, sun glasses, hat and any other personal hygiene needs.
- Any medication for allergies etc.
- The angler must bring their own waders, chest waders are preferred, but hip waders are acceptable. Rental waders may be available at the local fly shop if they are not busy. Contact us for more information and to schedule a Fly Fishing trip with Rich.